Thursday, August 28, 2014

All Of Us

This is an excerpt from a Journal.

May of 2005 While on tour

Upon meeting Sonia's grandmother in the nursing home:

People are hurting all around me. And I close my eyes to shut out the tears. I've seen more tears this year than anytime before this. So many unhappy people. I want to reach out, but I never know exactly what to do.

She looked at me and said,

"I'm in so much pain. Just so much Pain,"

and the sadness in her eyes made me shake. I tried to not cry. I could feel her pain, and I knew that one day it would be mine. Because in the end, it's all of ours.

Pictured SONiA of disappear fear




Oxygen Edge Website
Twitter
Facebook
Bandcamp
Soundcloud

1 comment:

  1. In a few simple lines from your observation of the human condition, through the eyes and lips of your friend and band mates grandmother, you capture the essence of our human sensitivity and compassion. I look forward to reading more of your ramblings.

    ReplyDelete